Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Birthdays...

Since I didn't post about each individual birthday as they were going on, I'll post about them all at once for the 2011 birthdays!

Birthdays are a time to celebrate you! It's YOUR feast day! In our house there is always a cake with candles! I honestly don't like making a big fuss on my birthday but my dear husband likes surprises.

My birthday was a super nice one! Chris decided to have a dinner at a swanky restaurant this year (totally surprised!) and invited a few friends that were available to join us. It was a rainy evening but a fun one to share with people I love!! Thanks husband for being such a great guy! (no pics of that one as I am usually the photographer!)

Dear husband's birthday fell on a Friday during Lent. We decided to invite our great friends to have dinner with us to celebrate... so we had a delicious fish meal with rice and veggies and homemade mac n cheese (made by my faboulus friend). For dessert I made one of my hubby's favorite cakes!
{blowing their candles off of the tres leches cake}

Jackie's birthday party. A party at our house (which is rare for us) but she had her closest 9 y.o.'s in tow and did a dance party (Just Dance 2) in our newly remodeled basement. The girls (and Julien) made their own personalized pizza and they had a delicious Phineas and Ferb cake :)

{just dance}

{jackie's 9th birthday}

Julien's 6th birthday party was at a city park close to our house. The weather cooperated, and over 40 people joined us to celebrate Julien's big day. It was fun to also have a pinata for a change (we hardly ever do pinatas due to the weather here). Julien truly enjoyed his day and we are so blessed to have so many great friends showing up wishing him the best!

{Julien's 6th birthday party and me, showing them how to use this safely}


{julien's 6th birthday}

Celebrating us!

No comments: