Thursday, August 31, 2006

Movies - Ocean's Eleven

I am not going to recap the movie, I just can't possibly assume people have not seen this movie before ...


I don't know why, but I really really like this movie. Is it because it's such an interesting and fun enssemble ? Or maybe because you could see their chemistry through the camera ? Or maybe because it was simply funny with music queued exactly at the correct time and with lots of interesting cinematography views. I honestly do not get tired of watching it over and over.


One of my favorite parts is when they are all together planning the "job" in Rueben's house and are going through the steps of what they are going to do ... Saul's reaction is the best ...





Saul: I have a question, say we get into the cage, and through the security doors there and down the elevator we can't move, and past the guards with the guns, and into the vault we can't open...

Rusty: Without being seen by the cameras.

Danny: Oh yeah, sorry, I forgot to mention that.

Saul: Yeah well, say we do all that... uh... we're just supposed to walk out of there with $150,000,000 in cash on us, without getting stopped? [pause as everyone turns to look at Danny]

Danny: Yeah.

Saul: Oh. Okay.



I like Julia Roberts but I'm not sure if I liked her in this movie. She seemed so rehearsed when she was walking down the stairs (the first shot we see of her) her face seemed like she was being told something that we the audience did not hear. It was odd and I feel like she overdid it with the role.


George Clooney simply has charisma and just makes it look like he's improvising the whole time. I admire him for his talent and his comedy.


Brad Pitt is just funny, I think his character may be very similar to the actor itself. Cocky, player, funny, smart and fearless. I think he and George had incredibly chemistry and their interaction is what made the movie.


Another favorite quote:


Reuben: Look, we all go way back and uh, I owe you from the thing with the guy in the place and I'll never forget it.

Danny: That was our pleasure.

Rusty: I'd never been to Belize.

No comments: